Your family might not say anything to you but they are sick of boxed pastas! Amp up your weeknight dinners with this baked pasta shell and roasted chicken in white sauce. The creamy white sauce blends multiple cheeses and milk and the shells absorb it all. This meal will initiate your family into the Clean Plate Club.
Baked Pasta Shells with Roasted Chicken in White Sauce
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 50 minutes
Active Time: 20 minutes
- whole roasted chicken – 2 2/3 ounce
- pasta shells – 2 ounce
- cherry tomatoes – 2 2/3 tablespoon
- grated parmesan – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- shredded mozzarella – 4 tablespoon
- cream cheese – 1 1/3 tablespoon
- milk – 2/3 tablespoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- oregano – 1/6 teaspoon
- crushed red pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- chives – 1 teaspoon
- Cook pasta by package directions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Shred chicken breast from a whole roasted chicken.
- Toss cream cheese and milk with pasta shells while still warm.
- Season with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, chives and oregano.
- Mix with sliced tomatoes and chicken and put into a casserole dish.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.