Commonly referred to as “breakfast for dinner,” spicy turkey hash packs a flavor punch thanks to the cajun seasoning and jalapeño peppers that amp up the spice. We think Grandpa would be proud of the his spicy turkey hash legacy!
Grandpa’s Spicy Turkey Hash
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- turkey breast – 4 ounce
- ketchup – 1 tablespoon
- worcestershire sauce – 3/4 teaspoon
- red pepper flakes – 1/4 teaspoon
- jalapeno – 1/4
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- low sodium soy sauce – 3/4 teaspoon
- cajun seasoning – 3/4 teaspoon
- white rice – 4 tablespoon
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Cube turkey breast into bite-size chunks. Saute in a pan with half of your oil over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, until cooked through.
- Fine diced jalapeno, removing stem and seeds.
- Heat remaining oil in pan on high heat.
- Blend together ketchup, Worcestershire, red pepper flakes, and soy sauce.
- Add to turkey breast with 1 ounce of water for every serving. Cook until smooth 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in jalapeno and cajun seasoning, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve over rice.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.