This dish is perfect when you hear your kids groan, “We’re huuuungry,” but you don’t want to cave and get fast food. With a quick prep time, there isn’t much to prepping this bowl. Keep in mind that is also makes a mean after school snack.
Peanut Couscous and Vegetable Bowl
Original # of Servings: 1
- couscous – 6 tablespoon
- water – 3/4 cup
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- frozen peas – 1 ounce
- cauliflower – 1 tablespoon
- edamame – 1 ounce
- peanuts – 1/2 ounce
- Prepare vegetables. Cut cauliflower into small florets. Cook frozen peas and edamame according to package instructions.
- Bring salted water to a boil in a small pot. Once boiling, add couscous and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Once water is absorbed, fluff couscous with a fork and transfer to serving dish.
- Serve with peanuts, cauliflower, edamame, and peas.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.