An easy, budget-friendly dish that delivers your favorite classic Cajun flavor with a filling brown rice. Here’s a tip when making this chicken brown rice and andouille sausage: soak the beans overnight for the best texture. We love this meal because it can be made a day or two ahead.
Chicken Brown Rice and Andouille Sausage
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 45 minutes
Active Time: 20 minutes
- brown rice – 1 ounce
- chicken breast – 2 ounce
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/8 teaspoon
- fresh parsley – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- garlic – 3/8 teaspoon
- yellow onion – 1/4
- fire roasted crushed tomatoes – 1 7/8 ounce
- andouille sausage – 1 ounce
- Cook brown rice to package directions.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Cut chicken into one inch pieces and saute in olive oil.
- Cut andouille sausage into one inch slices and add to chicken.
- Add chopped onions and garlic and saute until chicken is cooked through.
- Add in fire roasted tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Platter brown rice with chicken mixture, and garnish with fresh chopped parsely.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.