A meal straight out of your mom’s cookbook, pot pie is a type of meat pie with a top pie crust, consisting of flaky pastry. This pot pie is made with a chicken, peas, celery and onion filling and is an ideal comfort food for when you’re missing home.
Chicken Pot Pie
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Active Time: 20 minutes
- chicken breast – 2 ounce
- carrot – 1/4
- frozen peas – 1/2 ounce
- celery – 1/8 stalk
- unsalted butter – 2/3 tablespoon
- onion – 1/8
- all purpose flour – 1/4 ounce
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- celery seed – 1/8 teaspoon
- chicken broth – 3 tablespoon
- milk – 1 1/3 tablespoon
- pre-made pie crust – 1/4
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a large pot, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- Heat the same pot over medium heat and cook onions in butter until soft. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the chicken mixture in the bottom pie crust. Pour milky mixture on top. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.
- Allow to cool and serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.