Savor these heirloom tomato and fresh herbs by layering them on top of this mouthwatering piecrust. This pie has citrusy, fragrant notes and is topped with basil. We prefer our pies a little crispy so we leave it in the over just a little longer than the recipe calls for.
Savory Heirloom Tomato Pie
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 15 minutes
Active Time: 5 minutes
- heirloom tomatoes – 8 tablespoon
- shredded pizza blend cheese – 4 tablespoon
- grated parmesan – 2 tablespoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- basil – 3/4 teaspoon
- pizza dough – 1/4
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thinly slice tomatoes. Remove caps.
- Top pizza dough with olive oil. Sprinkle with basil and salt.
- Mix half of the parmesan with pizza cheese blend. Sprinkle over dough.
- Add tomatoes to pizza pie. Cook in oven 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.