An easy and simple soup for any cold December night, this chicken and navy bean soup is rich, colorful and hearty. The temperatures are dropping, so whip up this dish if you need something more than blankets to keep you warm.
Chicken and Navy Bean Soup
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 35 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- navy beans – 4 tablespoon
- chicken broth – 6 tablespoon
- water – 6 tablespoon
- unsalted butter – 1 tablespoon
- carrot – 1/2
- green onion – 1/8
- chicken breast – 2 ounce
- red bell pepper – 1/8
- fresh parsley – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Heat a large pot on medium heat, and add beans, water, and broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Melt butter in a skillet on medium. Add diced carrots and onion, and cook for 10 minutes. Add vegetables to the pot.
- Add bite sized chicken pieces to the same skillet and cook until no longer pink. Add to the pot.
- Let soup simmer until beans are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.