The main feature of a Cuban steak is the seasoning. The grilled steak is seasoned with mojo, a Cuban vinaigrette made with oregano and cumin, as well as lime and orange juice for some zesty flavor. This Cuban steak perfectly pairs with rice and beans and if you slice leftovers really thin, they go great as a next day lunch!
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- sirloin steak – 4 ounce
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- tomato – 1/2 ounce
- white onion – 1/8
- 8-inch flour tortilla – 1
- cumin – 1/4 teaspoon
- orange juice – 1 tablespoon
- lime juice – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- oregano – 1/4 teaspoon
- In a bowl, mix orange juice, lime juice, oregano, and cumin.
- Add thinly sliced steak to a freezer bag, and pour in sauce.
- Marinate in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add steak and cook to desired doneness.
- Serve steak on tortilla with sliced onion and tomato.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.