We’re easily inspired by staple Vietnamese dishes like this Vietnamese Ride Salad. Whether you enjoy it as a side dish or main entree, this refreshing and light salad can easily be made ahead of time. With fresh herbs and bright flavors, it’s ideal when you’re hosting a couple friends over and want to mix it up!
Vietnamese Rice Salad
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 45 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- sushi rice – 4 tablespoon
- french cut green beans – 1/2 ounce
- fresh cilantro – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- zucchini – 1/8
- yellow squash – 1/8
- edamame – 1 ounce
- low sodium soy sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
- fresh chili pepper – 1/8
- sesame oil – 1/2 teaspoon
- coconut milk – 2 tablespoon
- Cook rice by package direction, replacing half of the water with coconut milk.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thinly slice zucchini and squash and toss with black pepper and sesame oil.
- Roast for 12 minutes.
- Cut green beans and chili pepper on a bias.
- Mix rice with soy sauce, zucchini, squash, chili pepper, edamame, and green beans.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.