Break out the chopsticks and invite some friends over because this chicken and shrimp stir-fry is a crowdpleaser. If you’re not familiar with bok choy, it’s just a type of Chinese cabbage. A simple and substantial dish, you definitely won’t be hungry after this one!
Chicken and Shrimp Stir-Fry
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 30 minutes
Active Time: 30 minutes
- shrimp – 2 ounce
- chicken breast – 4 ounce
- bok choy – 8 tablespoon
- white onion – 1/8
- yellow bell pepper – 1/4
- red bell pepper – 1/4
- garlic – 3/4 tablespoon
- green onion – 1/2
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- sesame oil – 1/2 teaspoon
- low sodium soy sauce – 3/4 tablespoon
- red pepper flakes – 1/2 teaspoon
- brown sugar – 3/4 teaspoon
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Prepare shrimp if necessary.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan on medium-high heat. Cook shrimp thoroughly, remove from skillet, and set aside.
- Add 1/2 inch strips of chicken to skillet and cook thoroughly. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add whole garlic cloves, diced onion, and sliced bell peppers to skillet and cook for 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Add sauce and cook until thickened. Remove vegetables and sauce from skillet and set aside.
- Add baby bok choy to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and transfer to serving dish.
- Top bok choy with mixed vegetables, chicken, and shrimp. Serve immediately.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.