If you’re feeling sluggish at work after lunch, try swapping out your lunch with this sweet potato protein salad instead. A dish high in protein, low in fat, and especially high in sweet flavor. Plus the quinoa provides a filling base for the sweet potatoes. Here’s the proof: every cup of cooked quinoa packs 11 grams of protein!
Sweet Potato Protein Salad
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 30 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
- quinoa – 8 tablespoon
- pinto beans – 5 ounce
- sweet potato – 1/2
- micro-greens – 1 cup
- pear – 1/2
- orange – 1/2
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roast sweet potato in oven for 20 minutes until tender. Allow to cool.
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil. Add quinoa and stir well.
- Remove quinoa from heat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Slice pear in half. Core and thin slice.
- Slice orange in half.
- Peel sweet potato and medium dice.
- Portion beans, cooked quinoa, sweet potato, pear and orange in serving bowl.
- Add micro-greens and serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.