Do you ever just crave something simple for lunch? With just some chicken cutlets, romaine lettuce and a couple juicy tomatoes, you have yourself a delicious, low calorie option for lunch so you can skip out on spending more money on take-out!
Chicken Cutlet Lemon Zing Salad
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 35 minutes
Active Time: 20 minutes
- chicken breast – 4 ounce
- bread crumbs – 1 tablespoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- romaine lettuce – 2 cup
- lemon – 1/2
- roma tomato – 1/4
- Slice chicken breast into thin fillets. Rinse in water and immediately transfer to a bowl of bread crumbs. Coat well.
- Add chicken cutlets to an oiled pan over medium-high heat. Coat chicken well with oil. Cook for 5 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, arrange a bed of romaine lettuce. Top with diced tomatoes.
- Once chicken is finished cooking, let rest on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Add chicken to salad and squeeze lemon juice on as dressing.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.