This chicken stir-fry, with simple ingredients like peanuts, zucchini and red pepper, is a light option for lunch or dinner. If you’re looking for a nice kick of flavor, you have definitely come to the right place. While everyone will be ordering take-out for lunch, be proud that you’re scarfing down your very own creation!
Chicken Stir Fry with Peanuts, Zucchini, and Red Pepper
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 30 minutes
Active Time: 30 minutes
- boneless skinless chicken thighs – 4 ounce
- peanuts – 1/2 ounce
- zucchini – 1/4
- red bell pepper – 1/4
- garlic – 3/4 teaspoon
- ginger – 1/4 teaspoon
- hoisin sauce – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- sesame oil – 1/2 teaspoon
- white rice – 4 tablespoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- low sodium soy sauce – 3/4 teaspoon
- Cook rice by package directions.
- Heat a wok or saute pan over medium heat and add sesame oil.
- Cut chicken thighs into thin strips ans stir fry in oil.
- Cut zucchini and red pepper into a one inch dice and add with chicken.
- Mix together soy, hoisin, minced ginger, black pepper, and minced garlic.
- Add sauce and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken over rice and garnish with chopped peanuts.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.