The colder it gets outside, the more ideal a warm soups sounds. It’s fall and we’re loving integrating pumpkin into all of our dishes. The brown sugar gives this pumpkin soup a hearty sweetness that we can’t get enough of. You’ll fall in love with the rich and creamy texture of this soup!
Sweet Pumpkin Soup
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 58 minutes
Active Time: 11 minutes
- vegetable broth – 1/2 cup
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- pumpkin puree – 8 tablespoon
- parsley – 1 teaspoon
- onion – 1/8
- garlic – 1 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- nonfat milk – 2 tablespoon
- brown sugar – 2/3 tablespoon
- shredded mozzarella – 2 tablespoon
- Set a pot over medium-high heat.
- Add stock, salt, pumpkin puree, diced onion, minced garlic, and black pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Use a blender or food processor to puree the entire batch of soup.
- Return blended soup back to pot and set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and stir in brown sugar.
- Reduce heat back down to low and let simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Stir in milk and garnish with parsley.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and serve hot.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.