In a quick 35 minutes you can whip up this this healthy chicken enchilada casserole that’s packed with lean chicken, brown rice, bell peppers and jalapeños. Make a couple servings and this dish makes a great meal for the entire family. Who knew Tex-Mex could be so healthy?
Chicken Enchilada Bake with Brown Rice
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 35 minutes
Active Time: 16 minutes
- chicken breast – 4 ounce
- Mexican cheese blend – 4 tablespoon
- plain yogurt – 1/2
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- garlic – 1 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- can cream of chicken soup – 1/4
- corn – 1 ounce
- orange bell pepper – 1/4
- green bell pepper – 1/4
- corn tortilla – 1
- lime juice – 1 tablespoon
- dried cilantro – 1/2 teaspoon
- jalapeno – 1/4
- brown rice – 1 1/2 ounce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dice chicken into small pieces.
- Set a pan over medium-high heat. Add oil. Saute chicken for 5 minutes, until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, dice veggies into small pieces.
- Add lime juice, cilantro, and veggies to pan with chicken. Saute for 2 more minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cheese, yogurt, black pepper and cream of chicken soup. Mix well.
- In a separate pan, add tortillas and cook for 5 seconds per side to lightly toast.
- Arrange a baking dish and spray with cooking spray.
- Add tortillas to baking dish and fill with chicken, veggies, and cheese mixture. Place seam side down in the dish.
- Spread remaining cheese mixture over the top of the enchiladas.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.