This crispy, buttery corned beef hash with eggs is an super easy way to transform your leftover corned beef into a quick, hearty breakfast skillet. Breakfast hash is made by frying together leftover meat with potatoes and became popular in America during World War II, when fresh meat was rationed. Fast forward to now and this recipe is a popular breakfast dish in the U.S.
Corned Beef Hash with Eggs
Original # of Servings: 1
- corned beef – 2 ounces
- yellow onion – 1/8
- hash browns – 8 tablespoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- garlic powder – 1/8 teaspoon
- egg – 1
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- Small dice onion.
- Fine chop corned beef.
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium high heat.
- Add onion, cooking 10 minutes until soft.
- Add corned beef and hash browns 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Stir in black pepper and garlic powder.
- Add egg to top of hash and simmer 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and carefully portioning hash without breaking yolk.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.