A family favorite, baked rigatoni is a popular weeknight meal for obvious reasons. One tip from us would be to undercook the pasta just a little bit because it’ll cook some more when you throw it in the oven. The sauce in this dish is rich and creamy and the pasta isn’t left dried out.
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Active Time: 20 minutes
- rigatoni – 2 2/3 ounce
- ground beef – 2 2/3 ounce
- onion – 1/6
- garlic – 1/2 teaspoon
- tomato sauce – 5/6 cup
- grated parmesan – 1 1/8 tablespoon
- egg – 1/3
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- fresh mozzarella – 1/2 ounce
- ricotta cheese – 2 2/3 tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook rigatoni al dente. Drain and toss with two thirds of olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet on medium-high. Cook ground beef with diced onion and minced garlic.
- When beef is no longer pink, stir in tomato sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, and eggs.
- In a nonstick casserole dish, pour and spread half of the meat sauce.
- Layer with half of the pasta, half of the ricotta mix, remaining pasta, remaining meat sauce, and remaining ricotta mix.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cook 15 minutes before serving.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.