Because you may be new to cooking with eggplant, here are a couple tips. 1: Try salting the eggplant in order to draw out the juices that make eggplant bitter. This also firms the flesh so it doesn’t soak up too much oil. 2: Try switching out regular oil with spray oil in order to avoid soaking the eggplant. Enjoy!
Eggplant and Couscous
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 30 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
- eggplant – 1/4
- garlic – 3/8 teaspoon
- couscous – 4 tablespoon
- yellow onion – 1/8
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- vegetable stock – 4 tablespoon
- water – 4 tablespoon
- baby spinach – 1/2 ounce
- Heat a sauce pan over medium heat and add oil.
- Saute onions and garlic until tender and stir in couscous.
- Add vegetable broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Cover pot, remove from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thinly slice eggplant and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast eggplant for 20 minutes or until tender.
- On a large platter layer couscous with roasted eggplants and fresh spinach.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.