When it comes to pizza, go against the grain, be creative, break the pizza rules — even if that means your pizza is purple! This healthy pizza alternative will have your health-conscious friends running over to have dinner at your place. Even though it still is pizza, you better believe it’s packed with tons of yummy nutrients.
Purple Cauliflower Pizza with Chickpeas and Avocado
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 30 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- egg – 3/4
- all purpose flour – 1 ounce
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- chickpeas – 1 1/2 ounce
- avocado – 1/4
- lime juice – 3/4 teaspoon
- greek yogurt – 1/2 ounce
- garlic – 1/8 teaspoon
- fresh basil – 1/8 bunch
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- purple cauliflower – 1/2
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roughly chop caulifower and add to food processor until finely grated.
- Add eggs, flour, salt, and pepper and mix just until combined.
- Spread dough onto parchment paper, and shape with lightly floured hands.
- Cook crust for 10 minutes, then add chickpeas, and drizzile with olive oil.
- Cook for another 10 minutes, or until the edges are browned, and chickpeas are lightly toasted.
- Whisk yogurt, lime juice, and garlic.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh sliced avocado, fresh basil, and drizzile with yogurt sauce.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.