With our busy schedules, we’re always on the lookout for healthy breakfasts that come together in minutes so that we don’t skip out on the most important meal of the day, of course! For busy families, it’s smart to stock your fridge with pre-hard-boiled eggs. Try using your hard-boiled eggs for something different like this elegant but quick egg and spinach sandwich.
Hard Boiled Egg and Spinach Sandwich
Original # of Servings: 1
- baby spinach – 1/2 ounce
- dijon mustard – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- whole wheat bread – 2 slice
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- egg – 1
- Cover eggs with cold water and bring to a boil, turn off heat, cover, and let sit in hot water for 12 minutes.
- Drain eggs and put into a ice water bath.
- Once eggs have cooled, peel, rinse, and roughly chop.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Spread dijon mustard on bread and layer with spinach and chopped eggs.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.