Summer might be a distant memory by now, but it doesn’t mean we can’t bring a little bit of summer back into our day with these basil tomato crustinis. This dish is perfect for entertaining or as a light snack. With juicy tomatoes and fresh basil, all the summer feels will come rushing back to you with your first bite!
Basil Tomato Crustini
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 15 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
- roma tomato – 1
- red onion – 1/8
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- basil – 1/8 teaspoon
- baguette – 2 slice
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Brush baguette with olive oil. Place on oven safe pan. Toast 3-5 minutes.
- Core tomatoes. Finely chop.
- Finely chop red onion.
- Mix together onion, tomato, salt, pepper, and basil.
- Spoon portion of tomato mixture on toasted baguettes. Serve warm.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.