Avocados go with salads like peanut butter goes with jelly… only healthier! As one of our all-time favorite superfoods, we’re advocates for throwing avocado into practically every dish. So when it comes to salads, avocados are likely there. Take, for example, this hearty mixed greens and avocado salad — it just feels right!
Hearty Mixed Greens With Avocado Salad
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
- spinach – 4 ounce
- alfalfa sprouts – 8 tablespoon
- arugula – 8 tablespoon
- spring mix – 8 tablespoon
- avocado – 1/2
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- brown rice – 1 1/2 ounce
- Bring pot of water to boil. Add brown rice, cooking for 10-15 minutes until soft.
- Drain water from pot. Set brown rice aside to chill.
- Toss spinach, sprouts, arugula, and spring mix with olive oil.
- Remove avocado from skin. Slice.
- Top dressed greens with avocado and brown rice.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.