Put aside the heavy dressings you’ve been dousing your salads with because this you will love this healthier alternative — especially all you grapefruit lovers out there. Whether you use it on this salad or another one, this grapefruit dressing that includes minced garlic and fresh rosemary will surely elevate any salad to the next level.
Grilled Chicken Salad with Grapefruit Dressing
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- chicken breast – 4 ounce
- pine nuts – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- grapefruit – 1/4
- garlic – 1/4 teaspoon
- jarred roasted red peppers – 2 tablespoon
- mixed greens – 8 tablespoon
- fresh rosemary – 3/4 teaspoon
- Heat an indoor/outdoor grill to medium high heat and brush with olive oil.
- Pound out chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken for 5-6 minutes each side, or until chicken is 165 degrees.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes then roughly chop.
- Squeeze grapefruit and whisk with olive oil, minced garlic, and chopped rosemary.
- Mix half of the dressing with mixed greens, chop roasted peppers, and toasted pine nuts.
- Plate salad and top with chicken and the rest of the dressing.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.