I don’t know about you but my stomach is growling just looking at this photo. Made with beef broth and steak filet slices, this Vietnamese style beef noodle soup, or “pho,” is easy to make and even easier to fall in love with.
Vietnamese Style Beef Noodle Soup
Original # of Servings: 1
- steak filet – 4 ounce
- beef broth – 3/4 cup
- chives – 1/2 teaspoon
- low sodium soy sauce – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- fish sauce – 3/4 teaspoon
- ginger – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Thai rice noodles – 2 1/2 ounce
- Finely chop chives.
- Peel ginger and thin slice.
- Bring equal parts beef broth and water to boil.
- Add fish sauce, soy sauce and ginger slices to broth.
- Simmer soup 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak to almost paper thin.
- Reduce heat of broth. Add noodles cooking 3 minutes.
- Portion soup into bowls. Top with steak cooking in the broth. Serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.