You may have dabbled in greek cooking before, but if you haven’t tried this greek meatball flatbread, you’re seriously missing out. A combination of simple but delicious Mediterranean flavors, this flatbread is essentially a twist on popular gyros you’re probably familiar with. We dare you to resist the urge to say “Opa!” after your first bite!
Greek Meatball Flatbread
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- ground beef – 4 ounce
- garlic – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- fresh mint – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- greek yogurt – 1 1/2 ounce
- cucumber – 1/8
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- grape tomatoes – 2 1/2 ounce
- shredded lettuce – 2 tablespoon
- whole wheat pita – 1
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- red onion – 1/8
- Mince garlic.
- Mince mint. Mix together with minced garlic. Divide in half.
- Add half of the garlic/mint mixture with yogurt and half of the salt and pepper.
- Peel Cucumber. Slice in half. Remove seeds. Mince. Add to yogurt mix.
- Blend yogurt mix well and chill until ready to serve.
- Mix remaining salt, pepper, and garlic/mint into ground beef.
- Portion into small meatballs.
- Preheat olive oil in pan on medium high heat. Cook until fully brown about 10 minutes.
- Small dice red onion.
- Slice grape tomatoes in half.
- Top flat bread with 3-4 meatballs, tomato, lettuce, and onion.
- Serve with chilled cucumber sauce.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.