We definitely won’t judge you if you want to slurp up the noodles in this spicy mushroom ramen. It’s just far too delicious not to, right?! With vegetable broth, simmering shiitake mushrooms, chives and red pepper flakes for spice, this ramen dish is perfect for any cold, rainy October day.
Spicy Mushroom Ramen
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 22 minutes
Active Time: 8 minutes
- vegetable broth – 8 tablespoon
- hoisin sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
- shiitake mushrooms – 1 1/2 ounce
- chives – 1/2 teaspoon
- red pepper flakes – 1/8 teaspoon
- sesame seeds – 3/4 teaspoon
- ramen – 2 1/2 ounce
- Bring equal parts water and vegetable broth to boil.
- Stir in hoisin and red pepper flakes to broil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Rough chop mushrooms.
- Mince chives.
- Add mushrooms, chives and ramen to broth. Stir well and remove from heat.
- Portion ramen, broth and vegetables into bowls.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve hot.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.