After you taste this unexpected combination of the salty feta and the earthy beets, it might just become your new favorite go-to salad. While roasting the beets may seem time consuming, they don’t take too much involvement. After roasting them, it’s easy to prep this great salad for a yummy weekly lunch. No boring salads here at My Happy Plates!
Roasted Beet and Feta Salad
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 30 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
- beet – 1
- mixed greens – 8 tablespoon
- feta cheese – 1 tablespoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- white sugar – 1/4 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- red wine vinegar – 3/4 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim ends of beets and peel. Medium dice beets.
- Toss beets with salt, pepper, sugar, and olive oil.
- Place in oven safe dish and roast 10-15 minutes until beets are fork tender.
- Remove beets from oven. Allow to cool about 5 minutes.
- Toss warm beets in mixed greens and vinegar. Top with feta cheese and serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.