I’ll admit that I’m guilty of buying those frozen bags of gnocchi from the grocery store… until now! Every bite of this gnocchi in spicy tomato sauce will make you feel like you’re in a fancy Italian cafe. The thick, soft dough dumplings absorb the tomato sauce perfectly and make every bite a complete delight!
Gnocchi in Spicy Tomato Sauce
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 30 minutes
Active Time: 30 minutes
- gnocchi – 8 tablespoon
- marinara sauce – 6 tablespoon
- grated parmesan – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/8 teaspoon
- garlic – 1/4 teaspoon
- fresh basil – 1/8 bunch
- crushed red pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- Cook gnocchi by package directions.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Mince garlic and add to the pan.
- Add in marinara sauce and crushed red pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Fold in cooked gnocchi and cook for a minute.
- Plate gnocchi and garnish with grated parmesan and freshly torn basil.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.