You don’t have to spend $40 on a fancy brunch to enjoy a gold ‘ole poached egg. With just a little practice, you can perfect the art of the poached egg. Go out and buy yourself something nice because you’re going to start saving those dollars you’ve been spending on brunch every Saturday!
Poached Egg and Roasted Vegetable Brunch
Original # of Servings: 1
- egg – 1
- water – 1 cup
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- english muffin – 1/2
- potato – 1 1/2 ounce
- asparagus – 2 tablespoon
- white mushrooms – 7/8 tablespoon
- tomato – 1/2 ounce
- basil – 1/2 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, add asparagus, sliced potato, tomato, and mushrooms. Toss with basil and olive oil until well coated.
- Place vegetables on a foil lined backing sheet and roast in oven until soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot.
- Crack eggs into 2 small bowls.
- Once water is boiling, stir to create a whirlpool and drop in eggs.
- Turn off heat and cover. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove eggs from pot with slotted spoon and transfer to paper towel lined plate.
- Toast bread if desired and top with poached eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve poached eggs with roasted vegetables.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.