If you’ve been sticking to traditional french toast, I urge you try whipping up this walnut and banana french toast. You’ll be shocked at how much better your french toast tastes by just adding some bananas and walnuts! I recommend using a cast iron on low heat to get the perfect french toast texture. Enjoy!
Walnut and Banana French Toast
Original # of Servings: 1
- white bread – 2 slice
- egg – 1/2
- vanilla extract – 1/4 teaspoon
- banana – 1/2
- walnuts – 2 tablespoon
- maple syrup – 1/2 teaspoon
- heavy cream – 1 tablespoon
- nonfat milk – 3 tablespoon
- coconut milk – 1 tablespoon
- Whisk together cream, milk, coconut milk, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Dredge bread, making sure both sides are coated thoroughly. Let sit 2 to 3 minutes to let mix soak in.
- Slice banana. Mix syrup and walnuts together.
- In a non-stick pan, cook pre-soaked bread until golden brown, and starting to crisp around the edges. 4 to 5 minutes each side.
- Cover with sliced bananas and drizzle with walnut syrup.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.