I’ve always strayed away from trying out Indian dishes because I never thought I could make them as well as they did at my favorite Indian restaurants… until I fired up the cast iron and tried this Indian spiced sirloin dish. It’s so easy and packed with curry, cumin, garlic and ginger. The bonus is that it’s not a hassle to make!
Indian Spiced Sirloin in a Cast Iron Pan
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 20 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- sirloin steak – 3 ounce
- yellow onion – 1/4
- green onion – 1/2
- curry powder – 1/8 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- yellow bell pepper – 1/4
- cumin – 1/4 teaspoon
- garlic – 1/2 teaspoon
- ginger – 1/4 teaspoon
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Cut sirloin into a one inch dice and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute steak for 3-4 minutes and add in minced garlic, ginger, and yellow onion.
- Add in diced yellow peppers,curry, cumin, and saute for 4 minutes.
- Plate and garnish with sliced green onion.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.