Sausage and pesto come together on this pie to create one of the most scrumptious pizzas out there. Every bite is a fusion of flavors coming together for the sole purpose of satisfying your savory tooth. What’re you waiting for? Fire up that oven!
Sausage and Pesto Pizza
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 30 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- wheat pizza dough – 2 ounce
- shredded pizza blend cheese – 4 tablespoon
- hot Italian sausage – 2 ounce
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- pesto – 2 tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 500.
- While oven is preheating, set pan over medium-high heat. Add oil.
- Add sausage to pan, season with salt and garlic powder, and saute for 5 minutes, until cooked through.
- Make sure sausage is crumbled.
- Separately, on a flat surface, use parchment paper and a rolling pin to roll out pizza dough. Get it as thin as you can.
- Add dough to a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Top dough with pesto. Spread evenly. Sprinkle on cheese. Top with crumbled sausage.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until pizza is crispy and cheese is bubbling.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.