Let’s face it — sometimes scrambled eggs can get painfully boring and repetitive, but stacking your scrambled eggs on a thick piece of toast makes it a little more exciting. Amp this breakfast up even more by smearing goat cheese on the toast before topping it off with the eggs.
Roasted Tomato and Eggs on Toast
Original # of Servings: 1
- egg – 1 1/2
- shredded monterey jack cheese – 1 tablespoon
- milk – 3/4 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- cherry tomatoes – 6 tablespoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- whole wheat bread – 1 slice
- chives – 1/2 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss tomatoes with half of the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook tomatoes in oven for 20 minutes or until charred.
- In a nonstick pan heat over medium low heat and add remaining olive oil.
- Whisk eggs with milk and remaining salt and pepper.
- Stir eggs gently until almost firm, add shredded cheese, and cook 1 more minute.
- Toast bread in a toaster oven.
- Top bread with eggs, chives, and roasted tomatoes.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.