It’s time to upgrade from those boxed pasta dishes and create something hearty from scratch! Plump with ground beef and creamy tomato sauce, this Italian stuffed shell dish is the ultimate comfort food for you and your family.
Italian Stuffed Shells
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 40 minutes
Active Time: 8 minutes
- pasta shells – 3 ounce
- ground beef – 4 ounce
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- Italian seasoning – 1/4 teaspoon
- shredded mozzarella – 4 tablespoon
- tomato sauce – 8 tablespoon
- Bring pot of water to boil. Add pasta shells cooking 7 minutes.
- Drain hot water from pan. Run pasta under cold water 2 minutes to stop cooking.
- Drain shells from cold water very well.
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium high heat. Add ground beef, browning 6 minutes.
- Mix together Italian seasoning with tomato sauce.
- Mix ground beef and mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon ground beef and cheese into shells. Place in oven safe pan.
- Top stuffed shells with tomato sauce.
- Baked stuffed shells in oven 20-25 minutes.
- Remove stuffed shells from heat and serve hot.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.