We’re convinced that chickpeas are the most underrated ingredient! They’re so versatile and easy to cook with. A legume of the Fabaceae family, chickpeas are high in protein, iron and fiber. If you’re on a gluten-free diet, this curry chickpea dish is a perfect gluten-free option!
Curry Chickpeas over Rice
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 45 minutes
Active Time: 30 minutes
- chickpeas – 3 3/4 ounce
- coconut milk – 4 tablespoon
- garlic – 3/8 teaspoon
- yellow onion – 1/8
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- curry powder – 3/8 teaspoon
- white rice – 4 tablespoon
- fresh cilantro – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Cook rice by package directions.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add in diced onion, minced garlic, and curry powder.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, and add them to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and add coconut milk.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, serve over rice garnished with cilantro.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.