These sesame pork meatball are made by mixing ground pork with chives, ginger, sugar, vinegar and seasoned with teriyaki. If you’re trying to create more tender meatballs, just use fattier pork. Served with raw carrots and cucumber, this recipe makes for either a yummy midday snack or light meal.
Sesame Pork Meatballs with Vegetables
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 24 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
- ground pork – 4 ounce
- ginger – 3/4 teaspoon
- chives – 1/4 teaspoon
- white sugar – 1/4 teaspoon
- rice wine vinegar – 3/4 teaspoon
- sesame seeds – 3/4 teaspoon
- teriyaki sauce – 3/4 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- cucumber – 1/2
- carrot – 3/4
- Peel carrot and trim away end piece. Cut into sticks.
- Trim away ends of cucumber. Cut into wedges.
- Mince chives.
- Peel ginger and finely grate.
- Mix ground pork with chives, ginger, sugar and vinegar.
- Roll pork into small balls.
- Heat olive oil in pan on high heat. Add meatballs cooking 10-12 minutes.
- Add sesame seeds and teriyaki to meatballs. Stir to coat.
- Remove meatballs from heat, serve with carrot and cucumber sticks.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.