Have some hard-to-please kids? This patty melt sandwich is great for satisfying even the pickiest young eaters. We admit, when we’re not in the mood to cook we’re suckers for this greasy, classic American diner sandwich. Who doesn’t enjoy a crunchy, melty patty every once in a while?
Patty Melt Sandwich
Original # of Servings: 1
- whole wheat bread – 2 slice
- tomato – 1 ounce
- deli ham – 2 ounce
- cheddar cheese – 1 slice
- unsalted butter – 2/3 tablespoon
- mozzarella cheese – 1 slice
- deli roast beef – 2 ounce
- Make sandwich by layering cheddar cheese, sliced tomato, roast beef, mozzarella, and ham between bread slices.
- Spread half of butter on outside of sandwich.
- Heat remaining butter in a skillet. Once butter is bubbling, add sandwich and cook until bread has browned and cheese has melted.
- Cut diagonally and serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.