The red pepper flakes on this pan seared chicken create a nice spicy balance with the fresh cucumber and tomato salad. If you’re a fan of meal-prepping, this is a great salad to include in your schedule. It’s light and fresh and won’t leave you with feeling sluggish around 3 PM.
Pan Seared Chicken and Tomato Salad
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 20 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- chicken breast – 4 ounce
- extra virgin olive oil – 2/3 tablespoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- red pepper flakes – 1/4 teaspoon
- arugula – 2 cup
- grape tomatoes – 1 ounce
- cucumber – 1/4
- grated parmesan – 1 tablespoon
- Set a pan over medium-high heat. Add half of your oil.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Saute for 5 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, slice cucumber and halve tomato. Mix into arugula salad.
- Let chicken rest for a minute after taking it out of the oven. Slice and place on salad.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil and top with parmesan cheese to finish.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.