With the temperatures dropping, it means you’re going to be craving more of those dishes to keep you warm when you get home. Beef-lovers will love this beef hot and sour soup! The croutons absorb all the flavor from the soup and add a nice crunch. The soups is also packed with tofu, shiitake mushrooms and hard boiled eggs. You definitely won’t be hungry (or cold) after this meal!
Beef Hot and Sour Soup with Croutons
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 26 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
- steak filet – 1 1/3 ounce
- egg – 1
- beef broth – 8 tablespoon
- shiitake mushrooms – 2 ounce
- tofu – 1 1/2 ounce
- low sodium soy sauce – 1/4 teaspoon
- distilled white vinegar – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- red pepper flakes – 1/8 teaspoon
- croutons – 2 tablespoon
- Small dice tofu.
- Trim ends of mushrooms. Thinly slice.
- Very thinly slice steak.
- Bring pot of water to boil. Hardboil eggs 10 minutes.
- Remove eggs from water. Peel and quarter, setting aside.
- Bring equal parts water and beef broth to boil.
- Stir in red pepper flakes, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Add mushrooms and tofu to broth. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add steak. Stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Portion soup into bowls.
- Garnish soup with egg and croutons and serve.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.