I personally remember the first time I had olive tapenade. It was store-bought and I went through the jar in a day. If you have the same love for it, let me tell you that knowing how to make this delicious mixture is game-changing, because you can whip up as much as your olive tapenade-loving heart wants!
Olive Tapenade Crustini
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 20 minutes
Active Time: 8 minutes
- kalamata olives – 4 tablespoon
- capers – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- egg – 1
- distilled white vinegar – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- avocado – 1/2
- baguette – 2 slice
- Ensuring that olives have been pitted, place in food processor with capers and olive oil.
- Blend olives into a paste.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Slice avocados in half. Pit and peel. Medium dice.
- Place baguettes on oven safe pan. Toast 5-7 minutes.
- Bring pot of water to boil. Add vinegar.
- Crack open egg. Slowly drop into boiling water. Cook 4 minutes.
- Smear olive tapenade on baguettes and plate.
- Top with poached egg and avocado.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.