If you’ve never had halibut before, it’s a mild-flavored meaty whitefish with a firm texture. Combined with nutrient-rich watercress and and tender asparagus, this seafood dish will leave you full, but not stuffed. These tacos are a great option if you’re looking for a light dinner.
Grilled Halibut Tacos with Asparagus and Watercress
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 1 hour
Active Time: 30 minutes
- halibut – 2 ounce
- asparagus – 4 tablespoon
- watercress – 4 tablespoon
- cherry tomatoes – 2 tablespoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
- 8-inch flour tortilla – 2
- lemon – 1/4
- oregano – 1/8 teaspoon
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Cut halibut into a one inch cube, skewer, brush with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat an indoor grill to medium high heat and brush with olive oil.
- Grill halibut until slightly charred and firm.
- Brush asparagus with olive oil and grill for 5-6 minutes.
- Soak watercress in water, and spin in a salad spinner to dry.
- Cut tomatoes in half and season with oregano.
- Plate warm tortillas, layer with watercress, tomatoes, chopped asparagus, and halibut.
- Garnish with a wedge of lemon and drizzile of olive oil.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.