Spice-lovers rejoice! This spicy pork belly hot pot recipe has perfected the spiciness in this dish. Plus the pork shoulder become meltingly tender (*drools*) as it cooks in the batch. Chinese hot pots are know as the ultimate communal dining dish, so create a large batch and invite some friends over to enjoy!
Spicy Pork Belly Hot Pot
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 1 hour & 15 minutes
Active Time: 30 minutes
- red bell pepper – 1/4
- scallions – 1 stalk
- dried chiles – 1
- ginger – 1 1/2 tablespoon
- low sodium soy sauce – 3/4 teaspoon
- white sugar – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- pork belly – 1 ounce
- Place pork belly in 4 cups of water with soy sauce, chiles and sugar and bring to boil.
- Peel ginger and cut into thin rounds. Add to batch.
- Trim red pepper, removing green cap and white inner pith, add to batch.
- Cut scallions in half, removing root, add to batch.
- Once pot is boiling, allow pork belly to cook 30 minutes.
- Remove pork belly, cut into 1 inch chunks. Add back to broth. Cook additional 30 minutes.
- Serve with broth and vegetables.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.