Good news: you can make your restaurant staple, beef pho, at home in just 35 minutes. With chewy noodles that absorb all the flavorful juice, delicious garnishes and juicy sirloin steak, you’ll find yourself licking the bottom of the bowl.
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 35 minutes
Active Time: 35 minutes
- beef broth – 8 tablespoon
- water – 1 cup
- sirloin steak – 3 ounce
- rice noodles – 2 ounce
- onion – 1/4
- fresh basil – 1 bunch
- cabbage – 1 ounce
- white mushrooms – 2 tablespoon
- fish sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
- low sodium soy sauce – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- In a pot, add broth, water, sliced onion, and mushrooms. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- While broth is simmering, cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high. Add thinly sliced steak and brown on both sides. Set aside.
- Prepare the rest of the vegetables. Chop cabbage and break apart fresh basil.
- When broth is done simmering, stir in cooked noodles. Transfer to serving bowls. Top with beef, cabbage, and basil.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.