This dish bring a lot to the table — literally and figuratively. With protein, a dash of sweetness and a nice crunch from the cashews. All together they create a perfect dinner for those cold nights that are upon us. Make a large batch and you have a great food-prepped lunch.
Moroccan Chicken with Apricot and Cashew
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 35 minutes
Active Time: 25 minutes
- chicken drumstick – 2 1/2
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- garlic – 3/4 teaspoon
- ground ginger – 3/4 teaspoon
- ground coriander – 1/4 teaspoon
- lemon juice – 3/4 teaspoon
- cumin – 1/2 teaspoon
- cinnamon – 1/8 teaspoon
- chicken broth – 6 tablespoon
- cashews – 1 tablespoon
- greek yogurt – 1 ounce
- red onion – 1/4
- dried apricots – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- rice pilaf – 4 tablespoon
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Place a quarter of your olive oil, chopped red onion, crushed garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, and lemon juice in food processor. Mix into a rough paste.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet on high. When hot, add chicken in a single layer and cook until browned on both sides. Transfer to plate and repeat as necessary.
- When all of the chicken is cooked, add paste to the same skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Cook uncovered until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer rice, chicken, and sauce to serving plate. Top with cashews and dried apricots.
- Serve with Greek yogurt (optional).
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.