You’re at the mall and you pass by the food court. You smell the smells and you eye the plates piled with orange chicken samples. It’s a scene we all know all to well… but with this recipe, you can experience that same tempting sensation at home with this amazing orange chicken recipe.
Orange Chicken with Rice
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 45 minutes
Active Time: 45 minutes
- orange juice – 4 tablespoon
- low sodium soy sauce – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- garlic – 3/8 teaspoon
- boneless skinless chicken thighs – 4 ounce
- hoisin sauce – 3/4 teaspoon
- sesame oil – 1/2 teaspoon
- corn starch – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- sesame seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- white rice – 4 tablespoon
- Bring orange juice, soy, black pepper, minced garlci, and hoisin to a boil and reduce by half.
- Heat a wok or saute pan over medium heat and add oil.
- Cook rice by package directions.
- Thinly slice chicken, season with salt and pepper, and toss with corn starch.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook until crispy.
- Toss chicken with orange sauce and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Plate and garnish with sesame seeds.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.