You’ll have your entire family drooling over these savory BBQ drumsticks that are fried to a crispy perfection. BBQ drumsticks are the ultimate comfort food and with summer officially behind us, I think we could all use a little comforting.
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 20 minutes
Active Time: 20 minutes
- peas – 2 tablespoon
- shredded carrots – 2 tablespoon
- citrus dressing – 3/4 teaspoon
- barbecue sauce – 2 tablespoon
- breakfast potatoes – 4 tablespoon
- chicken drumstick – 2
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Heat oil over medium-high.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix peas and carrots with salt and dressing.
- Fry the drumsticks on all sides in batches, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to catch excess oil.
- When first batch of drumsticks goes into the oil, put the potatoes in the oven. When the last drumstick comes out, the potatoes will be done.
- Toss drumsticks in barbecue sauce and serve with potatoes and carrots and peas.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.