You’re going to want to slice up some lemons for this one. An excellent dinner date option, this cajun fried cod will delight anyone’s taste buds — whether you’re a big fan of fish or not. And with only 20 minutes to prepare, this fried cod isn’t a hassle to make. You know what they say… when life gives you lemons, you squeeze them over your cod!
Cajun Fried Cod
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 25 minutes
Active Time: 20 minutes
milk – 2 tablespoon
lemon juice – 1/2 teaspoon
all purpose flour – 3 ounce
paprika – 1/4 teaspoon
garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
salt – 1/4 teaspoon
black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
cayenne pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoon
cod – 6 ounce
- Add cod to milk and lemon juice. Marinate 5 minutes.
- Add all spices to flour and blend.
- preheat pan with olive oil on high heat.
- Remove cod from milk mixture. Add to flour, coating both sides. Shake off excess.
- Place cod in hot pan. Fry both sides 5-7 minutes. A little bit of blackening of crust is okay for this recipe.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.