With the leaves falling, the weather getting cooler and fall creeping upon us, this dish gives us all the best feels of autumn. A warm comfort food, this chicken and butternut squash is a great way to welcome the changing of the seasons and likely to become a staple in your home.
Chicken and Butternut Squash over Mixed Greens
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 1 hour
Active Time: 20 minutes
whole roasted chicken – 8 ounce
butternut squash – 4 ounce
mixed greens – 3/4 cup
salt – 1/8 teaspoon
black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
extra virgin olive oil – 1 1/8 teaspoon
lemon juice – 1/4 teaspoon
dijon mustard – 1/8 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel butternut squash, scoop out the seeds, and small dice.
- Toss with half of the olive oil, salt, pepper, and roast for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Remove chicken breast from whole roasted chicken and thinly slice.
- Whisk remaining olive oil, lemon juice, and dijon.
- Toss mixed greens with dressing.
- Plate salad greens, top with butternut squash, and sliced chicken.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.