Step away from Cocoa Puffs and into the arena, because this is a breakfast of champions! Filling and gratifying, this egg salad on toast will help you start your busy day off strong, because who wants to go to work hungry? Not us! It’s time to give yourself the fuel you need to make it to lunchtime strong.
Egg Salad with Toast
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 20 minutes
Active Time: 5 minutes
egg – 1
relish – 1 1/2 teaspoon
mayonnaise – 1 1/2 teaspoon
scallions – 1/2 stalk
black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
whole wheat bread – 1 slice
- Hard boil eggs for 10 minutes.
- Remove egg from water. Peel and rough chop.
- Remove whites from scallions. Chop.
- Mix eggs with scallion, relish, mayonnaise and black pepper.
- Chill egg salad while toast is cooking, about 5 minutes.
- Toast bread to desired doneness.
- Slice toast in half. Serve with egg salad.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.