Once you’re done drooling at the melty, delicious photo, let’s get cooking! Mushrooms and asiago are a great combination and also a great alternative to the redundant avocado toasts that you’re understandably bored of. This toast has a lot more to offer and is way more filling!
Sauteed Mushrooms and Asiago on Toast
Original # of Servings: 1
Total Time: 28 minutes
Active Time: 8 minutes
cremini mushrooms – 2 1/2 ounce
white mushrooms – 4 tablespoon
garlic – 3/4 teaspoon
cherry tomatoes – 4 tablespoon
asiago cheese – 1 tablespoon
sage – 1/4 teaspoon
unsalted butter – 3/4 teaspoon
extra virgin olive oil – 3/4 teaspoon
whole wheat bread – 1 slice
- Trim ends of mushrooms and discard. Thinly slice.
- Mince garlic.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- On medium high heat, melt butter in pan. Saute garlic 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to pan. Saute 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in sage into mushrooms and remove from heat.
- Place bread on sheet pan.
- Top with sauteed mushrooms, tomatoes and asiago.
- Place bread in oven for 7-8 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove pan from oven. Plate and drizzle with olive oil before serving.
My Happy Plates makes it easier to grocery shop and cook each week. If you’re interested in learning more about an account, click here to explore a free trial.
If you’re already a member, you’re 1-click away from adding this recipe to your meal plan for the week. We’ll portion everything out for you and add the items to your shopping list. Just click a recipe above.